Things to Consider Before Hair Transplant Operation
There are important points to pay attention to before the hair transplantation operation as well as things to pay attention to after the hair transplantation operation. Hair transplantation is a light and painless operation. However, it is not considered a simple operation that does not require much attention. Surgical intervention is performed and a small amount of local anesthesia is required. For this reason, the first point to be considered is that the area where the operation will be performed must be sterile, and the person and team who will perform the operation must be experienced in hair transplantation. In this regard, choosing a hair transplantation center should be the priority of the individual who will undergo hair transplantation.
Am I Suitable for Hair Transplantation?
Individuals who want to have a hair transplant must first contact a hair transplant center and request an online or in-person examination. In line with the hair analysis to be performed, a decision on suitability for hair transplantation is made. The first factor in choosing the clinic to be examined is that it is a clinic that has proven itself in hair transplantation, has made a name for itself and has positive comments. Otherwise, even though you are not suitable for hair transplantation, you may reach negative and destructive results in the steps taken by only considering financial matters and without considering the psychology of the person who wants to perform hair transplantation.
Things to consider before hair transplantation operation
• Smoking and alcohol use should be reduced 1 week before, and if possible, completely stopped 2 days before.
• Blood thinners should be stopped one week before the hair transplantation operation.
• No gel, lotion, toppik or spray containing any chemicals should be applied to existing hair before the operation.
• If you are coming from outside the province, you must arrange a minimum of 2 days for yourself. The next day after the operation, dressing and first washing are done by the clinic.
• If you are coming to the clinic by car, you must come with a companion. It is not recommended for people to drive for approximately 12 hours after the operation.
• In the examination to be held one week before the operation, the illnesses you have had, the operations you have had, and the medications you use regularly should be reported to the specialist. If you are coming from out of town and you do not have the opportunity to meet in person, you should definitely communicate.
• If you have a contagious disease, you must provide information. Blood tests are performed by clinics for every possibility before the hair transplantation operation.
• You must go to the center without shaving your hair before the operation. The team at the clinic prepares you for the operation by shaving appropriately for hair transplantation.
• Consumption of caffeinated beverages should be stopped from the day before the operation.
• Before coming to the clinic on the day of the operation, clothes that can be easily put on and taken off, such as a shirt or a wide-collared t-shirt, should be preferred.
• Fat-free, non-irritating foods should be consumed on the morning of the operation and the night before. There is no harm in having a normal light breakfast on the morning of the operation.
Patients who will undergo hair transplantation, paying attention to all these, leave the clinic without any problems. Depending on the number of grafts to be transplanted, operations take 3-9 hours. The patient is then discharged without any problems.